Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Tuesday Sept. 2nd/2014

What a good day!  My phone rang this morning @ 9:30 am and it was her nurse calling for her.  She got on the phone asking me when I was going to get there!!  That's the most I heard her say in a couple of weeks almost.  She talked a bit more, said she loved me and we hung up.  Around noon it went again and it was the nurse again, seems my mom has an appetite and wants canned peaches!  lol  I have a small can in my bag.  I grab her a coffee and up I go.

She's wide awake and happy to see me.  She had a supershake for breakfast, some milk and 1/2 a coffee.  For lunch she had a 1/2 supershake and some of the canned peaches and a full coffee.  She later had some more diced peaches and later a small bowl of cream of mushroom soup!! 

I have no idea where this appetite came from but boy it's nice to see.  She wants more diced peaches but I'm holding her off a bit.  I don't want her to get a sick tummy.  She's been awake most of the day too!  Finally, I'm seeing my old mom coming back.  And she's even smiling.

Talked to the dietician and she's rather happy with what my mom's got down today and talked to her care manager and she's going to talk to the Dr's and see if we can possibly get her back on her old meds to see if that adjusts her blood pressure for good :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment