Saturday, September 20, 2014

Tuesday Sept. 16th/2014 - Saturday Sept 20th/2014

The nightmare of St. Mike's continues.   Friday she got home around 2:30 pm..  I knew something was not right but I was home, not at the hospital.  I was told they would send a prescription with her if she needs it.   Remember..  we need to go back a few days to Wed. when I took her back in and she was acting erratically and ended up falling out of bed. 

It was then I told them to do a urine sample, I thought something was up due to the way she was acting.  When my mom gets a bladder infection I know the symptoms.  But of course, what do I know.  So Wed. night, they do a test and around 2:30 am I finally ask about it since I've heard nothing and I'm told it didn't come out right.  It was a dip test..  how the hell difficult is that.  Pee is in a jar and they stick a dipstick in it!  That's all there is to it.  But they botched it.  I ask that they send the rest of the urine into the lab for testing.  They said they would.

So.. they keep her overnight Thursday and tell me they'll send her home Friday morning and she'll have a prescription if she needs it.  Friday morning comes and goes..  she gets home about 2:30 and I'm thinking there is still something wrong.  I go through the paperwork they send with her and I see a page that says "prescription" however I'm not seeing anything on it other than her regular medications. 

I take all the paperwork to Ralph, my pharmacist, and he goes over it all with my permission and tells me there is no new prescription.  So off I go home.

Weekend is difficult, more than difficult at times.  Sometimes she is right out of it.  Other times she is sharp as a tack.  She also keeps trying to get out of bed at times which means she will fall.  She can't bear weight.  Down she goes.  It was because of this I took her to the hospital last Wed. night. 

So now it's a week, another Wed.  It's later in the evening and my phone rings.  It's about 9 pm but I see it says private name/private number so I answer it.  It's my family Dr.  And he has news for me.  He got the urine test back to him (the one the hospital took a week ago) and it's positive for bacteria.  She has an infection, further to that he also has the sensitivity test and he's sending her a prescription.  Going to fax it right now so I can start it Thursday.

My pharmacist has it delivered in the morning and we start it.  She is downright combative at times.  These pills are huge and difficult for her to swallow but somehow I'm getting them into her. 

It's now Sat. Sept 20th and the last day and a half have been good.  She's been taking all her medications without problems.  Occasionally she doesn't take her Tylenol but that's ok.  All the ones she really needs, she is getting into her.  However.......

For some reason this afternoon around 2 pm all hell broke loose.  She's screaming and crying and trying to get out of bed again.  She tried to bite me again too when I tried to stop her from climbing over the railing.  I think I may have to take her back to the hospital if this keeps up.  I can't have her falling again.

My opinion?  Since the hospital fucked up yet again and sent her home with another infection and no medication, I do believe that all that time with nothing (at least a week), the infection has got a good hold on her and the antibiotic she's on isn't working as it should.   Just like the last time when they sent her home with an active infection and the wrong medication.  By the time I got the right one (they didn't wait for the sensitivity test that time) it just didn't do the trick and 4 days later she was back in the hospital.

So that's twice now they have sent her home with an active infection (in 6 weeks) and either the wrong meds because they didn't wait for the sensitivity test (dr d'silva) and this time when they didn't even check the damn test.  And they have the nerve to complain about hospital costs?  Try not ordering lab tests for ones you aren't even going to bother with!  morons.

1 comment:

  1. Today I was searching for house cleaning services toronto and find this awesome content which has lot of helping material.
    Keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete